Pages - Menu

Sunday, 28 April 2013

Lacy Sunshine Challenge - Monochromatic



Well lovelies it is that time again.. A new challenge over at Lacy Sunshine Challenge blog.. This weeks challenge is MONOCHROMATIC!! We had such a fantastic amount of entries for the last challenge so let's hope this week will be the same....or even better.. :)

I was given Mighty Mick Gnome as my DT digi this week and as I am going through a difficult time at the moment with both my parents having cancer, I chose a very apt saying for this card.. "STAY STRONG!"

Here is Mighty Mick Gnome


All the papers I have used for this card were from a box of "miscellaneous" papers that I have had FOREVER!! They are actually black but I could just not get the lighting right no matter what I did so they appear brown.. Might Mick was coloured with the group of "C" copic markers.. 

I really enjoyed the challenge of using only one hue of colour.. Will definitely be doing more of these, especially with all the new Gnome digi's Heather is about to release.. You will be able to find them all here..


12 comments:

  1. Love this Meredith! Fab image and layout - definitely a very apt sentiment for you all at this difficult time!
    Hugs, Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this gnome and your design with that sentiment is perfect. I did mine in sepia colours. Hope you'll have a peek. Have a lovely day. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card as always Meredith! You've coloured the digi so brilliantly and I agree...it's really good fun (and good practice) colouring an image using only a few colours.

    Big hugs to your parents, yourself and your family from me and Jamie. Sending lots of love and strength.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card. I really love the sentiment you have added to this. Very appropriate indeed with what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Meredith and great way you have coloured the image he looks wonderful.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Monochromatic cards are always so gorgeous, yet seem to be one of the harder types to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brill card as always Meredith! Stunning colouring as ever too! Love him, brill image and a great sentiment too xxx

    Jill xx big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant card Meredith, I love how you've coloured Mick. The sentiment is very poignant and an important message for yourself. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work, I love your colouring in the monochrome and the image is brilliant
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete